For homework tonight, you should finish reading and annotating the letter on your own. We'll continue working through it together. This will help you to understand it better as we discuss and will also allow you to work through the assignment as we talk. The final assignment will be due Tuesday.
- What is King’s reason for writing the letter?
- What is his primary claim?
- How do you think King establishes ethos? (Why should people listen to him?)
- What is the counterargument King acknowledges?
- Write one quote that you believe demonstrates strong logos. Briefly summarize King’s logic and explain why you think it is effective.
- List 3 quotes that you believe to be strong examples of pathos. Explain what you think makes them effective (either individually or as a whole).
- Type a bulleted summary of the letter made up of main ideas.