In class today, you will be working with these questions for chapters 8 & 9:
- Define “eejit”.
- Explain who El Latigo Negro is, including at least one cited quote.
- Make a list of the qualities Matt seems to admire in El Latigo Negro.
- Compare the stories of Pedro El Conejo and El Latigo Negro: What does Matt seem NOT to see in these stories?
- If these characters could speak to Matt, what advice might each one give him?
- Why does it bother Matt that he is not punished when he misbehaves?
- What information do we need to know about Felicia? List at least 3 facts.
- Matt overhears Mr. Alacran’s father refusing chemotherapy on p.88. Based on what you know of the story’s setting, evaluate whether you think he has good reason for this decision.
- Why is Matt “in a rage to learn”?