- Identify the punishments Zorro doles out to the dealer, his assistant, and the magistrado.
- Consider how Zorro determines each punishment.
Shared Inquiry Question: How does Zorro define “justice”?
- Do you feel that the dealer’s punishment was just? Why?
- Do you feel that the assistant’s punishment was just? Why?
- Do you feel that the magistrado’s punishment was just? Why?
Grading: Review the Shared Inquiry Rubric. We will review it together tomorrow, but focus on these points: Have your materials with you, including appropriate annotations to help you cite your evidence in conversation; listen carefully to your classmates and respond to their ideas; participate! Share your ideas.