Today in class, we will be discussing the following questions:
- How does El Patron interpret his own character vs. that of MacGregor? (i.e. What kind of person does he think he is?)
- Why does El Patron think he has a right to kill Matt?
- Using evidence from the chapter, explain how El Patron would define the word “justice.”
- Why do you think El Patron took the time to explain himself to Matt?
- What is Matt’s escape plan? (Where will he go and who will he find?)
- Why does Tam Lin choose not to go with Matt?
- Describe modern-day Aztlan.
- How does Matt get across the border?